Monday 6 April 2015

Learning: Day 1 at TestInsane and I started Blogging

My name is Sandeep Kumar Hiremath, I am a Freakish Software Tester, Context Driven Testing Student who loves traveling and Gaming. I am currently an intern at TestInsane.
 
I am a BCA degree holder, and I worked in a BPO as a Technical Support guy at Adobe for a year.
Then got into Testing  (through my girlfriend’s reference). I didn’t like the job because as it was for the most part a Data Entry job rather than Software Testing, well I got some experience there which is not bad. Everything happens for Good! Then I resigned and joined a Start-up company off course with a decent pay, even there I felt the same and one fine day I walked out of the company and right now I am feeling I am at the right place Test Insane. I was looking for a place where I can express myself, learn, work, have creative freedom, fun, discussions over a beer, meet ups with other freaky bug mongers, workshops and lots of

Today is a very special day for me. I joined the crew of "Test Insane", today April 6th Santhosh Tuppad's birthday Founder and managing Director of "TestInsane" (Captain of the Ship) and I am writing my First Blog post today! Isn’t that amazing? :)
I am very glad that I got into Test Insane as Intern, even though I have 1.5 years of Experience in Testing, but I was into Process Driven Testing, now I am into Context Driven Testing! I am really happy to do what I love to do!

On my first day at Test Insane the First Question I was asked was "What is Testing??"
My answer was "Testing is a process to make a software bug free (in simple words "Finding bugs")
but, today I learned a new Definition of James Bach:- Testing is "Questioning a product in order to Evaluate it".

For most part of the day I was involved in training which was unique, I never attended a Class / Training like this before, without a marker, board, book, and without any single slide show, Santhosh Tuppad was Trainer, who also happens to be my Mentor & Teacher,  but he didn’t  teach me much but he made me Think on Everything! And I felt this is the right way to learn, I wondered what if our Schools also teach/train like this, Learning with fun is most effective one.

In Training, we not only discuss/learn about the Testing, like the typical coaching classes do, but we also discuss about so many things like Electronics, Keyboard shortcuts, well it may sound silly but there were some things which I didn’t know on my computers keyboard being a techie guy, how many of you know what ~ symbol is called and its spelling? And how many of you know how many spaces will be there in a “tab”(Tab key)? These things may sound silly but they have their own value. Do Research/Explore! That’s what I do in Test Insane.

I learned one more interesting thing today i.e, Yin-Yang a Chinese symbol of Good and Bad.

http://www.eve-rave.ch/Forum/download/file.php?avatar=22203_1417274374.pngIn this symbol Black color indicates Bad / Darkness and White indicates Good / Light / Peace which means, in every Good thing there is a Bad thing. And in every Bad thing there is a Good thing, so look for  the Good thing in every Bad thing, if you do good, good will happens to you, isn’t that true ?

So, this is what I felt writing in my Very first Blog post on a very special day!

Open for Comments and Suggestions.
And here are some important things which I would like to share with you about testing which may help you.

Websites to explore about Exploratory and testing techniques: www.satisfice.com, http://.apps.testinsane.com http://apps.testinsane.com/mindmaps
Book to read about Software Testing: Lessons Learned in Software Testing.

Also, you can connect, share, comment and discuss with me through Twitter:
https://twitter.com/FreakishTester

2 comments:

  1. First of all congrats for joining Test Insane. Really i heard a lot of good reviews about the company as this is the company where the tester would like to work.
    And really good exposure on first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mamata Hasija. Yes, I feel proud that I am working for Test Insane. Learning never ends here.

    ReplyDelete