Tuesday 21 April 2015

Phobia - What others think of me?

Most of the time we don't do so many things which we really want to do, just because we think that, what others think of me? Well, I am coming out of this phobia by writing this blog post, if I am still thinking that what others think of me, I would not be writing this blog and you aren't reading this. Yes, I asked this question to myself,  before writing this blog, what others think of me if I write this blog? People may think I am not a good blog writer, they may think my English is not so good, and they may think, I don't know anything and I am simply writing this blog.  Let them say, but every time when they try to discourage me in my work, each time I will get a chance to correct the mistakes  and practice them, then I will become a expert. Who knows? maybe the same people appreciate my work later.

Sometimes we don't even speak and don't share our ideas with others, because of this Phobia, "what people think of me?" And later we regret on that, because someone said the same thing which I thought and some one shared the same idea which is greatly appreciated, instead of regretting, I learn from the mistake, and I will make sure the same situation never repeats again.

I remember a saying, "Stones will be throne at the tree,in which it has Fruits."
So, by this saying what I understood is, its up to you that, will you collect those stones and build your house or you will collect the stones and create your own grave. 

I have experienced some situations where, Some students have consistently scored top in their colleges but sometimes they fail to crack the interview, because one of the reason is phobia "What others think of me"? You might know the correct answer but still you are not telling it. You are thinking whether the answer is correct or not. It may be correct or wrong just tell the answer, everything happens for good. If the answer is wrong, you will learn what the answer is, If it is correct, your chances of getting the job will be increased, also your  confidence, so in both ways its good.

Coming out of this Phobia is a very big challenge for me, but I am coming out of this phobia slowly. When I will be completely out of this phobia then I think I will be completely happy. 

When I think that, what others think of me, I realized I am not living my life for myself, I am living for others. To be happy in my life, its important to be myself and do things for myself not for others.

I am decided that I will follow some mantras to come out of this Phobia "what others think of me?"
  • What other people think of me is none of my business.
  • Love yourself and accept yourself.
  • Be confident in yourself.
  • Don't compare yourself with others, be you!
  • Think positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment