Monday 15 June 2015

I was REJECTED, but I never REGRETTED


Being rejected by a company in which I dreamed to be in was an awesome situation which I am cherishing today! Thanks for that Moolya J I just believe in one thing “Everything happens for a reason and that reason for me is good.” I got rejected in the interview conducted by Moolya; I never thought why I was not selected, rather hinged to the thought of why I got rejected! And that’s what made me a Freakish Tester at Test Insane today. I was the same guy when I was interviewed by Moolya and Test Insane. Test Insane believes in nothing but the gut feels. I joined Test Insane as an intern even though I had 2 years of experience because I wanted to learn eagerly. The experience and age doesn’t matter for a learner.

I used to read Moolya’s blogs, I used read their careers page daily. After reading the careers page, I used to feel that “Yes, this is the place I wanna be, it’s my kinda place to work” It used to inspire me.
One fine day I wrote a e-mail to Moolya. Here are the transcripts:

Sandeep (That's me):
Hello, I am not a very good software tester but, I want to be, by joining your company. I have attached my Resume below please refer, and if you think that my profile is suitable for your Testing job, then you call me for interview on 
+91 9844803071.

Moolya:

Hi Sandeep,


Greetings!

Thanks for your email and interest in working with us. I am curious if this is your generic subject line or you wrote specific to Moolya. Honesty is well appreciated in Moolya :) If it was specific to Moolya, I would like to know why you think we can help you become a good software tester?

Regards,
Moolya


Sandeep:

Hi, I would like to thank you first, because I have sent my resume and messages previously but I did not get any responses from Moolya. I have tried so many times to connect you I have also called your HR 6 months ago, they told that they will review my profile and get back to me.

Coming to your question, Yes I have written that message specifically to Moolya, I am eager to Join your company, because I have searched the list of Software Testing companies in Bangalore and I have gone through your website, I found that Moolya is looking for "Knowledge" not for "Certification and Marks" or Experience. One more good thing which I found about Moolya is, people over their are not only doing their job, but they are becoming Core Software Testing professionals and they are giving their 100% efforts to reach the peak of success. I would like to join the team where I can also make my identity as a Software Testing Professional.

My opinion about testing is, it is about how your Mind instructs your eyes to look at the product. 

These things made me enthusiastic to know about your company, and if I get a chance, then I am eager to join your company and I am also want to become a Core Software Testing professional. 

Once again thank you Moolya! for responding to my email.

After all these conversations, finally interview happened. Interviewers were very humble, cool and polite. I was very much nervous and the interviewers were trying to make me feel comfortable. Interview process started then question and answers, discussions happened. It was very nice experience. I still remember one thing that I have been taught about what Password Masking is and what Password Encryption is.

I really respect and thank Moolya for spending time on me to take my interview and for sharing knowledge, for inspiring me to become a Passionate Software Tester and for not selecting me J If I would have got selected there, then I don’t know where I would have been. Now, I am the happiest person to be a part of Test Insane. And yet, I have never seen the coolest Team members and the superb place to work anywhere else than Test Insane.


What I realized is nothing can stop you, if you have the gut feel and WILL to do what you love. What really matters is how you are LIVING in this moment. And whatever happens, it happens for good.



No comments:

Post a Comment